How to make perfect vanilla cupcakes?
Perfect vanilla cupcakes
Vanilla cupcakes are a classic and beloved dessert that are perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a birthday party, a bridal shower, or just looking for a sweet treat to enjoy, vanilla cupcakes are sure to satisfy. Here’s how to make perfect vanilla cupcakes every time.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer on medium speed. This will take approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the butter and sugar mixture, making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract to the mixture and mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Start with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, then add the milk and mix again. Continue alternating until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 cupcake liners, filling each one approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, you can decorate them with frosting and other toppings of your choice.
- Tips for Making Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes:
- Use high-quality ingredients: When it comes to baking, the quality of your ingredients can make a big difference in the final result. Use high-quality flour, butter, and eggs to ensure that your cupcakes turn out perfectly.
- Bring ingredients to room temperature: It’s important to bring your butter, eggs, and milk to room temperature before baking. This will help ensure that all of the ingredients blend together smoothly and result in a light, fluffy cupcake.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing can result in tough, dense cupcakes. Mix the batter until the ingredients are just combined, and avoid over-mixing.
- Fill cupcake liners evenly: It’s important to fill the cupcake liners evenly so that they bake uniformly. A good rule of thumb is to fill each liner approximately 2/3 full.
- Don’t over-bake: Over-baking can result in dry, tough cupcakes. Check the cupcakes frequently, and remove them from the oven as soon as a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
In conclusion, vanilla cupcakes are a delicious and versatile dessert that can be enjoyed in many different settings. With a few simple ingredients and some careful preparation, you can make perfect vanilla cupcakes every time.